Planning the perfect children’s party can be a daunting task. In many ways, it seems like parents have begun to compete for the best children’s party, and even a causal spin around the children’s parties on craft sites like Pinterest can leave a parent feeling overwhelmed or daunted. Party Corner of Red Bank, New Jersey has years of experience helping parents throw wonderful children’s parties and has some tips for parents to help ease the party planning process.
- Daunted by meal planning? Have the party at a non-meal time like 10am or 2pm and start your menu with the basics: cake or cupcakes and a child-friendly drink. If you want to add to that, consider kid-friendly fun food. At Party Corner, you can rent popcorn, snow cone, and cotton candy machines. Want an easy wow factor with your food? Rent a chocolate fountain and serve it with cuts of cake and fresh fruit.
- Not up to hand-making your own decorations? Steer your child towards an established character so there will be balloons and party decorations available in your theme. If your child’s favorite character is not mainstream, use latex balloons in complimentary colors to help create the party atmosphere and then decorate with a few of your child’s existing toys.
- Have plenty of table space. While adults can mill around a party and snack, expecting kids to balance cake, ice cream, and a juice box at the same time is asking for disaster! We have adjustable-height tables that are perfect for children of any age.
- Do any work you can ahead of time. If you have decided to serve a meal, get chafing dishes, warming tables, or cooling tables to keep the food at the right temperature for your guests and for food safety, while taking the burden off of you.
- Being creative does not have to be exhausting. Consider renting a red carpet, telling guests to wear their finery, and having a Hollywood themed party. Use popcorn, snow cone, and cotton candy machines to complete a carnival or circus theme.
- Very few things in life celebrate us as individuals; Party Corner’s customized banners let you shout out why you are celebrating your child.
- Sweet sixteens, quinceañeras, bar and bat mitzvahs; coming-of-age parties can be very stressful for families. The party experts at Party Corner can help you plan the perfect party while still staying within your budget.